Red Hat Certified Specialist in Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Exam (EX342)
The performance-based Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (EX342) tests your ability to analyze Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems for common issues that may cause degradation or loss of performance and either correct the issues or gather forensic information that can be passed along to a third party.
By passing this exam you earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts toward earning a Red Hat Certified Architect credential.
Diese Prüfung ist ebenfalls als individual Red Hat Exam Kiosk Sessions verfügbar: Legen Sie selber Datum und Uhrzeit für Ihre Red Hat Prüfung fest!
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting:
- System administrators who manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- System administrators who wish to demonstrate problem solving and analysis skills
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or RHCA credential
Red Hat recommends that candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting have:
- Taken Red Hat Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (RH342) or have similar experience troubleshooting Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployments.
- Earned Red Hat Certified Engineer or have equivalent systems administration experience.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting should be able to:
- Understand and employ general methods for troubleshooting
- Collect system information to aid in troubleshooting
- Consult documentation resources to aid in troubleshooting
- Monitor systems for vital characteristics
- Configure systems to send log messages to a centralized host
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system start up issues
- Identify and resolve service failures affecting boot
- Regain root control of a system
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify hardware and hardware problems
- Manage kernel modules and their parameters
- Diagnose and troubleshoot file system issues
- Recover corrupted file systems
- Recover mis-configured or broken LVM configurations
- Recover data from encrypted file systems
- Identify and fix iSCSI issues
- Resolve package management issues
- Resolve package management dependency issues
- Recover a corrupted RPM database
- Identify and restore changed files
- Troubleshoot and fix network connectivity issues
- Use standard tools to verify network connectivity
- Identify and fix network connectivity issues
- Inspect network traffic to aid troubleshooting
- Diagnose application issues
- Identify library dependencies for third-party software
- Identify if an application suffers from memory leaks
- Use standard tools to debug an application
- Identify and fix issues related to SELinux
- Identify and fix authentication issues
- Identify and fix pluggable authentication module (PAM) issues
- Identify and fix LDAP and Kerberos identity management issues
- Gather information to aid third party investigation of issues
- Create kernel crashdumps
- Compile and execute SystemTap modules
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs. Termin anfragen