In this course, you are assigned a series of do-it-yourself (DIY) configuration tasks in a virtual lab environment.
The configuration tasks cover some of the topics in the FortiOS certification exam and include the use of the most common FortiGate features, such as firewall policies, the Fortinet Security Fabric, user authentication, SSL and IPsec VPNs, equal-cost multi-path (ECMP) routing, IPS, high availability (HA), and content inspection.
This course is not a replacement for the FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure or the ! courses. This is a follow up option to those in order to gain additional lab time/experience and does not fulfill an "elective" option for the certification.
Who should attend
Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations' networks should attend this course.
This course is ideal for students who have already taken !, or have equivalent working experience and want to get more hands-on lab practive before taking the FortiOS certification exam.and FortiGate Infrastructure (FORT-INFRA) or
You must have an understanding of the topics covered in the following courses, or have equivalent experience:
- NSE 4 FortiGate Security
- NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure OR
- ! OR
- equivalent experience
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Control access to network resources using firewall policies
- Authenticate users using firewall policies
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Apply web filter and application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports
- Protect your network against known attacks using IPS signatures
- Mitigate and block DoS attacks
- Configure SSL VPN and IPSec VPN for remote access
- Route packets using ECMP routing
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance
- Configure the Fortinet Security Fabric