Who should attend
This 4-day module is designed for the experienced Splunk administrators who are new to Splunk DSP.
- !Splunk Enterprise System Administration (SESA)
- Splunk Enterprise Data Administration (SEDA)
- Architecting Splunk Enterprise Deployments (ASED)
- Working knowledge of:
- Distributed system architectures
- Apache Kafka (user level)
- Apache Flink (user level)
- Kubernetes (admin level)
- Introduction to Splunk Data Stream Processor
- Deploying a DSP cluster
- Prepping Sources and Sinks
- Building Pipelines - Basics
- Building Pipelines - Deep Dive
- Working with 3rd party Data Feeds
- Working with Metric Data
- Monitoring DSP Environment
This hands-on module provides the fundamentals of deploying a Splunk DSP cluster and designing pipelines for core use cases. It covers installation, source and sink configurations, pipeline design and backup, and monitoring a DSP environment.
Please note that this class may run across four days, in 4.5 hour sessions each day and contains 18 total hours of content.