Attend ServiceNow Platform Implementation to learn how to successfully implement core ServiceNow functionality to meet customer business requirements and serves as foundational training for implementing line-of-business applications.
Important notes for the booking of ServiceNow trainings
- 1. So that we can finally process your registration, you will receive an enrollment request after booking the course. Please carry out the enrollment immediately, at the latest three working days before the start of the course, according to the following instructions at ServiceNow:
Enrol for Instructor Led Training using Learning Credits
- Please note that we must receive short-term bookings no later than five working days before the course begins.
- If you are unable to attend the training date you have booked (e.g. illness, etc.) or if ServiceNow cancels the course, a credit note is not possible under any circumstances. If you cancel, you can name a replacement person. In both cases of cancellation, the validity of your credit remains for 12 months after the order.
For more information, please refer to the ServiceNow Terms and Conditions..
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Successfully implement core ServiceNow functionality to meet customer business requirements
- Acquire foundational training for implementing line-of-business applications
ServiceNow Platform Implementation Training enables attendees to successfully implement core ServiceNow functionality to meet customer business requirements and serves as foundational training for implementing line-of-business applications.
This course covers common technical aspects of an implementation and provides practice working as part of a deployment team. This mix allows attendees to learn tactical skills and responsibilities required based on their role as well as develop a holistic view of all team roles and responsibilities.
Using hands on labs, activities, lectures, and simulations, students build on existing knowledge and skills by applying implementation best practices, covering:
- Using common resources to learn about ServiceNow
- Core system setup, including configuration management database (CMDB)
- Supported authentication options
- Application security and encryption
- Configuration best practices and design principles
- Integrations, including LDAP, Single Sign On, and IntegrationHub
- Instance Management and data hygiene
Working in teams with development and test instances, students will experience:
- Hands on implementation based on functional requirements
- End to end sprint cycles, including planning, execution, and review
- Go live preparation
- Deployment of code to a test instance