Learn how to discover and model application services to determine the business impact of infrastructure problems, simplify the root cause analysis of service issues, minimize the service impact of infrastructure changes, and manage service health. Learn how to discover and model application services to determine the business impact of infrastructure problems, simplify the root cause analysis of service issues, minimize the service impact of infrastructure changes, and manage service health. This course is designed for Application Specialists, Process Owners, and Administrators responsible for the modeling, management, and health of application services.
Attendees will gain in-depth knowledge and practice in configuring and using ServiceNow Service Mapping. A combination of course content and lab work will help attendees gain a clear understanding of the ServiceNow Service Mapping solution and capabilities including how it differs from the ServiceNow Discovery solution. Understand the concepts and value of ServiceNow Service Mapping top down discovery enabling ServiceNow administrators to model an entire service by providing a single entry point to the service such as a web URL or host address and port. Using this approach, modeling the entire service will include the servers, applications, and network devices that support it.
Attendees will also gain in-depth knowledge on customizing and creating Service Mapping patterns. This teaches administrators how to model proprietary applications and connections unknown to ServiceNow Service Mapping. Also, learn how to work with the Identification and Reconciliation Engine to gain understanding of how inserts and updates are performed on configuration items in the CMDB. Gain understanding of how Service Mapping works with ServiceNow Event Management to provide visibility into service outages. Common troubleshooting techniques are also covered.
Important notes for the booking of ServiceNow trainings
- 1. So that we can finally process your registration, you will receive an enrollment request after booking the course. Please carry out the enrollment immediately, at the latest three working days before the start of the course, according to the following instructions at ServiceNow:
Enrol for Instructor Led Training using Learning Credits
- Please note that we must receive short-term bookings no later than five working days before the course begins.
- If you are unable to attend the training date you have booked (e.g. illness, etc.) or if ServiceNow cancels the course, a credit note is not possible under any circumstances. If you cancel, you can name a replacement person. In both cases of cancellation, the validity of your credit remains for 12 months after the order.
For more information, please refer to the ServiceNow Terms and Conditions..
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Discover and model application services with various complexity
- Manage the application service modeling from initial Discovery to Operational
- Determine the business impact of infrastructure problems
- Simplify the root cause analysis of service issues
- Minimize the service impact of infrastructure changes