Attend Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Fundamentals to learn how to implement a successful CMDB, configure rules to prevent duplicates, and populate data from various sources. In this three-day interactive workshop, start your journey to becoming familiar with the ServiceNow CMDB. Participants learn design principles including how to configure, populate, automate, and maintain the health of their CMDB. IMPORTANT: Both the on demand and instructor-led training do not provide a course guide. All content is contained in the CMDB Learning Path.
The advantages of taking the live course versus solely the on demand offering are the following:
- Learn from an industry-experienced instructor who can answer questions as needed
- Observe live instructor-led demos that help drive understanding of key concepts
- Learn using step by step hands-on exercises developed specifically for the live class including an end of class project
- Network and learn from peers attending the class
- Complete hands-on simulator tasks with the support of your instructor and peers to assess the skills learned
At the end of this training, students can obtain both a CMDB Configuration and CMDB Health micro-certification.
This course content mirrors the on demand CMDB Fundamentals course currently available on Now Learning. The course is designed to encourage student participation that includes individual and group planning, discussions as well as hands-on configuring of the ServiceNow CMDB.
Important notes for the booking of ServiceNow trainings
- 1. So that we can finally process your registration, you will receive an enrollment request after booking the course. Please carry out the enrollment immediately, at the latest three working days before the start of the course, according to the following instructions at ServiceNow:
Enrol for Instructor Led Training using Learning Credits
- Please note that we must receive short-term bookings no later than five working days before the course begins.
- If you are unable to attend the training date you have booked (e.g. illness, etc.) or if ServiceNow cancels the course, a credit note is not possible under any circumstances. If you cancel, you can name a replacement person. In both cases of cancellation, the validity of your credit remains for 12 months after the order.
For more information, please refer to the ServiceNow Terms and Conditions..
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Understand the CMDB architecture including classes, attributes, and class hierarchy that provide enterprise-wide visibility
- Learn the stages for planning and designing a successful CMDB deployment
- Explore best practices for configuring and implementing your CMDB, including the role of the HealthScan
- Use the CI Class Manager as a centralized place to create and edit CI classes, identification, and reconciliation rules
- Work with the Identification and Reconciliation Engine (IRE) for identifying and reconciling data from different sources
- Use ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping to discover hardware, applications, and relationships
- Populate the CMDB using the IntegrationHub ETL
- Configure the CMDB Health Dashboard to drive visibility around completeness, compliance, and correctness
- Improve the health of the CMDB by identifying and remediating duplicates
- Remedy Configuration Items (CIs) by building workflows and remediation rules
- Complete an end of class capstone project to solidify your knowledge