Who should attend
- Experienced system administrators who are preparing to adopt and deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization to a large number of servers or virtual machines
- IT professionals who are evaluating a migration from other virtualization technologies and want to fully understand what skills are needed to administer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization technology
- System administrators whose jobs include managing virtual environments
- Experience using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager and Hypervisor
- Experience using and installing software on Microsoft Windows
- Experience using VNC to view remote desktops
To earn the RHCVA certification, students must demonstrate the skills required to be a successful virtualization administrator through a hands-on, half-day exam (EX318). Red Hat recommends that participants augment their skills and build on their expertise by examining the RHCVA Study Guide and attending the RH318 Red Hat Virtualization Administration training course. You will learn the skills you need through hands-on labs and deep dives into the technology balanced with concept-based lectures.
Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
The EX318 Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) exam continues the Red Hat tradition of benchmarking the skills of IT professionals through hands-on skills assessments. Individuals who earn the RHCVA credential have demonstrated the skills and knowledge to create, deploy, and manage Linux and Microsoft Windows virtual machines hosted on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers or dedicated hypervisor nodes using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. An RHCVA credential assures enterprises that their virtualization solutions are administered optimally and establishes credibility for service providers.
- Performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on live systems, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks
- Exam results are emailed within five business days following the exam.