The Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals course introduces you to the products, capabilities, and technologies that serve as the foundation of Nutanix’s Hybrid Cloud solution.
Begin by exploring the history of this technology space, including different types of clouds, and how on-prem and public infrastructures came together to create hybrid operating models.
Then, delve deeper into essential Nutanix products – AOS, AHV, and Prism – while discussing how these products were designed to solve business challenges.
And conclude by discussing certain fundamental aspects involved in operating the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud, such as cluster updates, managing virtual machines, reporting and performance metrics, and more.
Who should attend
Systems operators that want to learn fundamental AOS concepts and navigate Prism on AHV
Jr IT administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed introduction to Nutanix datacenter administration.
- Describe course terminology, such as three-tier architecture, hyperconverged architecture, and public, private, and hybrid clouds.
2: Understanding AOS Concepts
- Describe self-healing architecture
- Describe replication factor
- Describe Nutanix multicloud solutions
3: Understanding Cluster Management Concept
- Explain Prism Element features and benefits
- Explain Prism Central features and benefits
- Manage the Image Repository
- Upgrade the hypervisor and AOS on a cluster
- Describe Life Cycle Manager
4: Understanding Storage Concepts
- Define a storage pool and storage container
- Identify components of AOS Distributed Storage
- Identify space-saving technologies
5: Managing VMs
- Create and manage virtual machines (VMs)
- Describe Acropolis Dynamic Scheduler (ADS)
- Describe data locality
6: Monitoring VMs and Cluster Health
- Use metrics to identify performance issues
- Measure VM performance using Nutanix tools:
- Health dashboard
- Analysis dashboard
- Alerts dashboard
- Use the Support Portal and Insights
7: Understanding Data Protection Concepts
- Describe how to enable data protection on a VM
- Define a retention policy
- Define Nutanix Mine
- Identify the different types of replication targets