This five-day FastTrack course (AZ800 and AZ801) is designed for IT professionals who configure advanced Windows Server services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. These professionals manage and support an infrastructure that includes on-premises and Windows Server-based workloads hosted on Azure IaaS. The course teaches IT professionals how to leverage Azure's hybrid capabilities, migrate virtual and physical server workloads to Azure IaaS, and manage and secure Azure VMs with Windows Server. The course also covers performing tasks related to high availability, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. The course highlights various administrative tools and technologies, including Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, Azure Arc, Azure Automation Update Management, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Azure Security Center, Azure Migrate, and Azure Monitor.
Who should attend
This five-day course is designed for Windows Server Hybrid administrators who already have experience with Windows Server and want to extend the capabilities of their on-premises environments by combining on-premises and hybrid technologies. Windows Server Hybrid administrators who already implement and manage on-premises core technologies will want to secure and protect their environments, migrate virtual and physical workloads to Azure Iaas, enable a highly available, fully redundant environment, and perform monitoring and troubleshooting.
Prior to taking this course, participants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Experience managing Windows Server operating systems and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Experience with common Windows Server administration tools (implied in the first requirement).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft's core technologies in the areas of compute, storage, networking, and virtualization (as included in the first requirement).
- Experience and understanding of key networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with and understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- Awareness of basic security best practices
- Basic knowledge of security related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication, SIEM/SOAR).
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server-based computing and storage technology failover (failover clustering, storage spaces) on-site.
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell
- Hyper-V virtualization in Windows Server
- Identity Services in Windows Server
- Windows Server Administration
- Network infrastructure services in Windows Server
- Windows Server Security
- Disaster recovery under Windows Server
- File server and storage management in Windows Server
- Implementation of high availability
- Server and performance monitoring in Windows Server
- Identity in hybrid scenarios
- Deploy and configure Azure VMs
- Upgrade and migration in Windows Server
- Network infrastructure in hybrid scenarios
- Implementation of migration in hybrid scenarios
- Implement a hybrid file server infrastructure
- Recovery services in hybrid scenarios
- Operation monitoring in hybrid scenarios
- Facilitation of hybrid management
- Security solutions in hybrid scenarios