This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge of securing on-premises as well as remote users by implementing security policies in Juniper Secure Edge managed by Juniper Security Director cloud. Students will gain foundational knowledge of cloud security policies configured and deployed by Juniper Secure Edge, including Firewall as a Service (FWaaS), secure Web gateway, user identity management, SSL explicit proxy, Web and content filtering, intrusion prevention system (IPS), advanced anti-malware, securing DNS and advanced threat prevention (ATP). Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the Secure Edge features of Juniper Secure Access Secure Edge (SASE). This course is based on Junos OS Release 22.1R1.10, Security Director 22.1R1.1.
Who should attend
Individuals responsible for managing enterprise on-premises and remote user security configurations on Juniper Secure Edge using the Security Director Cloud application.
- Basic networking knowledge
- Understanding of the OSI reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Understanding of the session-based L4-L7 firewall concepts
- Basic Junos operating system (OS) knowledge including device management, routing, and security policy
- Completion of the course, or equivalent experience
- Describe the elements of Juniper Secure Access Service Edge.
- Explain Service Locations and sites.
- Configure SSL Proxy in Secure Edge.
- Describe and configure how to secure remote user traffic.
- Explain user identity management in Secure Edge.
- Implement user identity management for remote users.
- Explain how to configure Web filtering and content filtering.
- Describe Juniper ATP Cloud features in Secure Edge.
- Explain how Juniper ATP Cloud features are implemented in Juniper Secure Edge.
- Explain IPS in Secure Edge.
- Use the monitoring tools in Secure Edge.
- Implement Secure Edge for a new site.
Follow On Courses
- Course Introduction
- Introducing SASE
- Provisioning Service Locations and Sites
- SSL Proxy
- Connecting Remote Users with PAC Files
- User Identity and JIMS
- Managing Identity for Remote Users
- Web Filtering and Content Filtering
- ATP Cloud
- ATP Cloud Features in Secure Edge
- IPS Policies
- Monitoring Secure Edge
- Capstone Case Study