This four-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with Enterprise wireless technologies and Mist AI-Driven Wi-Fi networks. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies, Mist technologies, and how to configure and use them. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features and functionality of Mist AI-driven Wi-Fi.
Who should attend
Individuals responsible for working with Enterprise wireless networks and applying artificial intelligence to their activities
- Basic TCP/IP skills
- General networking
- Basic knowledge of wireless technologies (Wi-Fi) is recommended
- Introduce the IEEE 802.11 standard and amendments.
- Describe Wi-Fi frequency bands.
- Apply radio frequency basics in Wi-Fi networks.
- Identify how modulation and coding make up Wi-Fi.
- Describe the inter-workings of association and roaming.
- Describe network contention factors.
- Define WLANs.
- Introduce Mist.
- Describe Mist configuration objects for Wi-Fi.
- Explain Juniper access points and their configuration options.
- Describe Mist’s WLAN configuration objects.
- Describe Mist Edge.
- Describe the Mist guest options.
- Describe WXLAN policies and apply them to resources.
- Describe WLAN security threats detected by the Mist WLAN system.
- Interpret wireless service level expectations (SLE) in relation to users.
- Gather events and insights from the Mist cloud.
- Summarize Mist’s Radio Resource Management (RRM).
- Evaluate custom dashboard and reports options.
- Evaluate machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Summarize Marvis queries.
- Extend Mist’s Marvis actions.
- Compare location service’s concepts and methods.
- Explain Mist’s approach to user engagement.
- Course Introduction
- Wi-Fi Standards
- Wi-Fi Radio Frequency Bands
- Applying Radio Frequency Basics to Wi-Fi
- Modulation and Coding for Wi-Fi
- Understanding Client Association and Roaming
- Network Contention Factors
- Wi-Fi Architectures and Life Cycle
- Getting Started with Mist
- Mist Configuration Objects
- Juniper Access Points
- Mist Edge
- Guest Portals
- Mist WxLAN Policies
- Mist Wi-Fi Security
- Mist Service Level Expectations
- Mist Events and Insights
- Mist Radio Resource Management
- Mist Dashboard and Reports
- Mist Artificial Intelligence and Troubleshooting Options
- Marvis Queries
- Marvis Actions
- Location-Based Services
- User Engagement and Proximity Tracing