This four-day course provides in-depth instructions on Cloud-Native Contrail Networking (CN2) in an upstream Kubernetes environment. Students will learn to use UI, and CLI commands to perform configuration and monitoring tasks. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Cloud-Native Contrail Networking. This course is based on CN2 Release 22.4.
This course will follow a use case where students start with a standard Kubernetes environment and CN2 as the Container Networking Interface. Students will configure and verify each phase of a use case.
Who should attend
Individuals working with software-defined networking solutions in data-center, service provider, and enterprise network environments
- Basic networking knowledge;
- Basic BGP knowledge; and
- Completion of the course, or equivalent knowledge
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe what Contrail networking is and how it enhances cloud networking.
- Use Kubernetes to manage workloads.
- Validate and manage a cluster with multiple namespaces.
- Describe the architecture of a Contrail networking cluster.
- Validate that Contrail is operating correctly.
- Install and validate virtual networks.
- Route traffic between virtual networks.
- Implement security between and within virtual networks.
- Install and validate network services.
- Provide external access to services.
- Configure and monitor analytics to understand the state of a use case.
- Course Introduction
- Course Prologue
- Kubernetes Overview
- Describing Cloud-Native Contrail Networking Architecture
- Installing Cloud-Native Contrail Networking
- Verifying and Troubleshooting Contrail Installation
- Describing Contrail CNI
- Implementing Namespaces
- Describing Services
- Implementing Services
- Describing Network Policies
- Implementing Network Policies
- Describing Virtual Networks
- Implementing Virtual Networks
- Implementing Route Targets
- Implementing Virtual Network Routers
- Implementing IP Forwarding and Fabric Source NAT
- Basic CN2 Troubleshooting