In this course, application developers learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate components from the Google Cloud ecosystem. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications.
Who should attend
Application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform
This course is part of the following Certifications:
To get the most benefit from this course, participants should have the following prerequisites:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Use best practices for application development.
- Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
- Implement federated identity management.
- Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices.
- Integrate application components and data sources.
- Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
- Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
- Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google Kubernetes Engine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution with Google App Engine Flex.
- Module 1: Best Practices for Application Development
- Module 2: Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- Module 3: Overview of Data Storage Options
- Module 4: Best Practices for Using Google Cloud Datastore
- Module 5: Performing Operations on Buckets and Objects
- Module 6: Best Practices for Using Google Cloud Storage
- Module 7: Handling Authentication and Authorization
- Module 8: Using Google Cloud Pub/Sub to Integrate Components of Your Application
- Module 9: Adding Intelligence to Your Application
- Module 10: Using Google Cloud Functions for Event-Driven Processing
- Module 11: Managing APIs with Google Cloud Endpoints
- Module 12: Deploying an Application by Using Google Cloud Cloud Build, Google Cloud Container Registry, and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Module 13: Execution Environments for Your Application
- Module 14: Debugging, Monitoring, and Tuning Performance by Using Google Stackdriver