In this course, you will learn about the different components that make up the Microsoft Azure infrastructure and the security challenges these environments present, including high availability (HA), autoscaling, Azure Virtual WAN, and software-defined networking (SDN) connectors, and how to manage traffic in the cloud with Fortinet products.
This course prepares you for the FCP - Azure Cloud Security 7.4 Administrator exam. By passing this exam, you will be awarded the associated exam badge.
This exam is part of the FCP Public Cloud Security certification track.
Who should attend
Anyone who is responsible for the deployment or day-to-day management of Fortinet solutions on Azure should attend this course.
General knowledge of IaaS vendors and experience wtih FortiGate and FortiWeb VMs
Azure Prerequisites To run the labs on Azure, students must have their own Azure accounts with the following:
- A pay-as-you-go subscription with a valid payment method—the free trial will not work for some labs
- The ability to deploy FortiGate and FortiWeb PAYG from Azure Marketplace.
- Capacity for at least 10 vCPUs in a single region.
- Permissions to create the following:
- App registrations (service principal) and keys
- Load balancers
- Virtual machines with four vCPUs
- Up to two virtual networks
- FortiGate VM as a single VM, in HA, and as a scale unit
- The ability to do the following:
- Read the Active Directory properties and use Azure functions
The estimated cost per student for running the lab, if done within the specified lab times and everything is deleted at the end, is USD $25 per day.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Deploy a FortiGate VM in Azure in single and HA modes
- Use Fortinet templates to easily deploy complex environments
- Deploy FortiWeb in Azure
- Use SDN connectors with Azure
- Integrate FortiGate VMs with Azure Virtual WAN
- Integrate other Fortinet services and products with Azure