This course covers the concepts, features, management, design and troubleshooting of PowerProtect Cyber Recovery and CyberSense solutions. The course contains security considerations as well as the steps to manage storage, applications and policies, copies, sandboxes, and the Cyber Recovery operations with PPDM, NetWorker, and Avamar. This course also contains important considerations and limitations when designing, sizing, and hardening a Cyber Recovery solution. Common troubleshooting techniques and learning experiences covering Cyber Recovery and Cyber Sense problem identification, collecting log files, alerts, main system components issues, cause identification and possible resolutions are also covered in this course.
Who should attend
This course is intended for individuals who require the skills needed to administrate a Cyber Recovery solution.
This course requires a basic understanding of PowerProtect DD system, PPDM, NetWorker, and Avamar
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the PowerProtect Cyber Recovery solution, its components, and processes.
- Perform PowerProtect Cyber Recovery administrative tasks.
- Run scheduled and on-demand backups for a variety of systems.
- Restore files using PowerProtect Cyber Recovery.
- Configure PowerProtect Cyber Recovery replication.
- Use PowerProtect Cyber Recovery tools to perform system monitoring, maintenance, capacity management, and troubleshooting.
- Identify software, server, network, storage, and physical environment design limitations and considerations.
- Plan and size a PowerProtect Cyber Recovery environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot login problems within Cyber Recovery.
- Locate logs and use monitoring tools that can be used to validate proper process and data flow.
- Identify alerts and alert status.
- Locate CyberSense logs
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Concepts
- Importance of Cyber Security
- PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Solution
- Navigating Documentation
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Features
- Identifying Management Tools and Platforms
- Identifying Storage and Applications
- Capabilities of Policies and Copies
- Identifying Components
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Administration
- Configure Storage and Applications
- Manage Policies and Copies
- Recover with PPDM in Cyber Recovery
- Recover with NetWorker in Cyber Recovery
- Recover with Avamar with Cyber Recovery
- CyberSense Configuration
- Perform Administrative Tasks
- Protect Cyber Recovery with Disaster Recovery
- Sheltered Harbor Configuration
- Configure Unisys Stealth with Cyber Recovery
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Design
- Design Considerations
- Designing the Solution
- Planning and Sizing the Environment
- Hardening the Solution
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery Troubleshooting
- Diagram a Cyber Recovery Solution
- Configure Services, Alerts, and Workflow
- Troubleshooting Cyber Recovery
- Troubleshooting Cyber Sense