Who should attend
This workshop is suitable for network engineers and administrators who want to learn more about certificates and Certification Authorities.
Basic previous knowledge of the Windows system as well as sound knowledge of Windows Server. Basic prior knowledge in the area of networking and Active Directory is advantageous.
In this workshop, each participant builds a multi-level Windows Server PKI in a Windows Active Directory environment. In the process, PKI-enabled applications are configured and tested. An overview of the most common encryption and authentication methods and frequently used encryption algorithms serves as an introduction. After a theoretical introduction, an independent root CA and a subordinate organizational CA are set up.
Depending on the release of the final product of Windows Server 2016, this workshop will be held on the basis of Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016 and serves to give participants an initial overview of the complex topic of PKI.
- Encryption method, digital signature, EFS
- Establishment of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Installing the Certificate Services
- Comparison: Independent & Organizational Structure
- Strategies for maximum protection of the certificate hierarchy
- Backing up and restoring a certification authority
- Methods of certificate request offline / online
- Manage & create certificate templates
- Certificate template registration, update with ADS
- Management consoles and other tools for managing the PKI
- Emergency backup, revocation + renewal of certificates- Certificate store management
- Export and import procedures
- Managing certificates via group policies in the ADS
- Secure resource access with SSL, IPSec and smart card authentication
- Secure e-mail communication through encryption and signature