Our world is constantly changing. The amount of available information and the knowledge about interrelationships is constantly increasing. Decisions should take into account as many factors as possible and be made in a very limited time. In order to be able to make good decisions, the complexity of the circumstances must not overwhelm us.
It depends on how we deal with complexity.
Who should attend
People who want to better master complex situations and use techniques and methods to do so.
Willingness to deal with complexity.
You learn what complexity is and how to deal with it.
You develop an understanding of methods and techniques for dealing with complexity so that you are able to choose the right approach to complex situations.
Together we look for ways to deal with complexity in your everyday work.
- What complexity actually is.
- Is it possible to reduce complexity?
- Systems, elements and processes
- Interrelationships, effect and interaction
- Emergence or the sum of all parts
- The challenges of complexity.
Dealing with complexity
- Abstraction and simplification
- Modularization and partitioning
- The limits of completeness
- Structural elements
- Standardization with structural elements
- Automation and processes
- Simplification as a reduction of complexity
- Detail and overview:
- Inductive approach
- Deductive approach
- Countering overwhelm with learning.
- Ratings and scales
- The goal is what matters.
Techniques and methods for dealing with complexity
- Evaluation systems
- Evaluation criteria
- Evaluation standards
- Assessments and experiences
- What is important and what is not important?
- Weighting factors
- Statistics and diagrams
- Mind Map
- Modeling of the structural elements, their effect and interaction
- Risk analysis
- Probability of occurrence
- Degree of impact
- Reduction of the probability of occurrence
- Reduction of the impact level
- Redundancies and repetitions
- Agile methods using the Scrum framework as an example.
Dealing with complexity in practice
- Practical examples for dealing with complexity.
- Your personal examples of complexity in your everyday work.
- Difficulties and approaches in dealing with complexity.