This two-day course introduces students to LeanFT or UFT Pro. LeanFT, or Lean Functional Testing, is a small but powerful testing tool that enables Quality Assurance teams and Developers to develop test cases in a more integrated manner. If test cases can be developed directly in Visual Studio or Eclipse, applications can be tested despite not being fully developed and/or deployed for general Quality Assurance teams to use.
Day 1 focuses on introducing the product and the basic concepts of LeanFT test-script development using Visual Studio. Day 2 examines the integration with Eclipse, as well as building application models and data driving with Microsoft Excel.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Quality Assurance engineers or any new users of LeanFT.
To be successful in this course, you should have the following prerequisites or knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Windows and web browsers
- Fundamental understanding of Java and C# programming is helpful, but not required
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the differences between UFT and LeanFT
- Design and execute LeanFT tests in both Eclipse and Visual Studio
- Enhance your LeanFT tests with parameters
- Integrate your LeanFT Tests with Microsoft Excel to data drive your test
- Course Overview
- Introduction to LeanFT
- Using the Object Identification Center
- Iterating with LeanFT
- Adding LeanFT Checkpoints
- Using LeanFT with Eclipse
- Enhancing Test Scripts in Eclipse
- Creating Application Models
- Parameterization with Excel
- End-to-End Lab