Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals (ORSQL)
Learning the SQL language is one of the most basic tasks required for the use of a relational database. SQL proficiency is essential for business users, database developers, database administrators and any other database professional. This training introduces the basics of the SQL language and the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). One will become acquainted with the differences in the working environment between a traditional on-premise database installation and the Oracle database service cloud-computing platform.
Since SQL is an industry standard language, many of the topics presented and many of the skills you will acquire will be applicable to other database platforms, such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, the open-source databases MySQL and PostgreSQL, and others.
This course takes a unique approach to SQL training in that it incorporates data modeling theory, relational database theory, graphical depictions of theoretical concepts and numerous examples of actual SQL syntax into one learning vehicle.
This training builds upon the prerequisite introductory for Oracle Database 12c SQL Experts and considers intermediate-level SQL topics such as writing database queries using the SQL-99 syntax and exploiting the power of built-in functions that extend the capabilities of SQL.
You will learn how to complete of an application schema definition by creating database objects such as relational views, sequences, synonyms, indexes and others to compliment the table definitions. The crucial topic of data integrity and how this is protected using declarative constraints is covered.
With this course we will also leave the idyllic realm of the learning environment and begin to explore such practical real-world considerations as database object security and database performance.
Who should attend
The audience for this trainng is all Oracle professionals, both business and systems professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are:
- Business and non-IT professionals
- Application designers and developers
- Business Intelligence (BI) analysts and consumers
- Database administrators
- Web server administrators
This training demonstrates how one can build intermediate-level and even advanced queries using the SQL-99 join syntax, along with other advanced query topics. It also considers both ANSI/ISO and native Oracle SQL built-in functions and the tremendous power that functions offer to SQL operations. It is difficult for one to use SQL within a production environment without liberal use of the built-in functions. Among many other tasks, the built-in functions allow one to move beyond the use of primitive date data types and values to include timestamps, time zones and to address other realistic date and time challenges. Finally attention is given to how one completes an application schema by creating database objects to compliment table definitions. One cannot implement a production database application simply with table and column definitions but needs to create and manage views, indexes, constraints and other object types.
- Relational Databases & Data Models
- Selection & Setup of the Database Interface
- Using the Database Interface
- Introduction to The SQL Language
- The SELECT Statement
- Restricting Results With the WHERE Clause
- Sorting Data With the ORDER BY Clause
- Understanding The Data Models
- About The SQL-99 Standard
- Enhancing Groups With ROLLUP & CUBE
- Using The CASE Expression
- Sql Functions: Character Handling
- Sql Functions: Numeric Handling
- Sql Functions: Date Handling
- Database Objects: About Database Objects
- Database Objects: Relational Views
- Database Objects: Indexes
- Database Objects: Creating Other Objects
- Database Objects: Object Management Using DDL
- Database Objects: Security
- Data Integrity Using Constraints
- Managing Constraint Definitions
- The Data Dictionary Structure
Derzeit gibt es keine Trainingstermine für diesen Kurs. Termin anfragen