Consolidating data centres using a multivendor solution
New training course at Fast Lane: “Imagine Virtually Anything – FlexPod Architecture” (FLEX)
Under the banner “Imagine Virtually Anything” (IVA), Cisco, NetApp and VMware, have formed an alliance aiming to provide a uniform architecture for cloud computing and the implementation of IT as a service. As a result, the IT training specialist, Fast Lane (www.flane.de), has now introduced a compact, one-day course entitled “Imagine Virtually Anything – FlexPod Architecture” (FLEX), in which the company’s experts explain how this solution can be used to establish a data centre.
The course is intended primarily for account managers, channel partners and resellers, as well as project managers/designers and end customers, wishing to obtain insight into current and future data centre technologies. The course instructors begin by looking at the challenges faced by IT managers when establishing a data centre, such as cost efficiency, data growth and data availability. In this context, the Fast Lane specialists then cover various approaches and consolidation strategies that can be pursued. The course participants also get to take a close look at the Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) and Nexus, as well as NetApp FAS (Fabric-Attached Storage) and VMware vSphere.
Course content – an overview
- Challenges relating to IT infrastructure (cost efficiency, productivity, flexibility, data growth, I/O growth, data security and availability)
- NetApp, Cisco, VMware: the industry-leading “Imagine Virtually Anything” (IVA) alliance, key details of the FlexPod architecture
- Reference architectures: secure multi tenancy, the virtualisation of Microsoft business applications, the virtual desktop architecture redundancy of Cisco Nexus switches
- Cisco Validated Design (CVD) and the cooperative support model
- Summary of the IVA FlexPod solution and its benefits
Price: 590,- € excl. VAT.