Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for UNIX: Administration (SFU)
Who should attend
This course is for UNIX system or network administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who will be installing, operating, or integrating Veritas Storage Foundation.
Knowledge of UNIX system administration.
In the Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for UNIX: Administration course, you learn to integrate, operate, and make the most of Veritas Storage Foundation (SF), including Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) and Veritas File System (VxFS), in a UNIX environment. You learn to install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation and to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes by using a variety of SF user interfaces including the Veritas Operations Manager (VOM) Web console. You also learn about recovery from disk failures, online file system administration including data compression and deduplication, remote mirroring across sites, offline and off-host processing using volume snapshots and storage checkpoints, and dynamic storage tiering using the SmartTier feature.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation.
- Configure and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
- Administer file systems.
- Install Veritas Operations Manager and manage multiple Storage Foundation servers.
- Monitor VxVM tasks and change volume layouts to improve performance.
- Manage the dynamic multipathing feature.
- Identify types of disk failure and resolve disk failures.
- Create and manage point-in-time copies for off-host and on-host processing.
- Optimize storage utilization using advanced features, such as file system data compression and file system deduplication.
- Remotely mirror your data across different sites.
- Use the SmartTier feature for optimal storage allocation.
- Replicate a Veritas File System using the Veritas File Replicator option on a Linux platform.
PART I - Install and Configure
- Virtual Objects
- Installing Storage Foundation and Accessing SF Interfaces
- Getting Started with Veritas Operations Manager (VOM)
- Creating a Volume and File System
- Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Making Configuration Changes
- Administering File Systems
PART II - Manage and Administer
- Administering Volume Manager
- Managing Devices Within the VxVM Architecture
- Resolving Hardware Problems
- Using Full-Copy Volume Snapshots
- Using Copy-on-Write SF Snapshots
- Using Advanced VxFS Features
- Using Site Awareness with Mirroring
- Implementing SmartTier
- Replicating a Veritas File System
The following modules are available for self study in Appendices:
- Importing LUN Snapshots
- Managing the Boot Disk with Storage Foundation
Duration: 5 days
Prices (excl. VAT):
- Germany: 3,750.- €
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.