Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services (S333)
Who should attend
The audience for this course includes system administrators, consultants, and other IT professionals responsible for the planning, implementation, and maintenance of network servers. While the emphasis is on running these services on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and the content and labs will assume its use, system administrators and others using proprietary forms of Unix may also find many elements of this course relevant.
- Red Hat Linux Netzwerk und Sicherheit (253), RHCE Rapid Track Kurs (incl. RHCSA & RHCE Examensprüfung) (300) or RHCE certification or equivalent work experience is required for this course.
- course participants should already know the essential elements of how to configure the services covered, as this course will be focusing on more advanced topics from the outset.
RHS333 trains people with RHCE-level competency to understand, prevent, detect, and properly respond to sophisticated security threats aimed at enterprise systems. The course equips system administrators and security professionals with the skills and knowledge to harden computers against both internal and external attacks, providing in-depth analysis of the ever-changing threat models as they pertain to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. RH333 builds on the security skills developed in other Red Hat training courses so that administrators can design and implement an adequate security profile for critical enterprise systems.
RHS333 goes beyond the essential security coverage offered in the RHCE curriculum and delves deeper into the security features, capabilities, and risks associated with the most commonly deployed services. Among the topics covered in this four-day, hands-on course are the following:
1. The Threat Model and Protection Methods
2. Basic Service Security
4. Logging and NTP
5. BIND and DNS Security
6. Network Authentication: RPC, NIS, and Kerberos
7. Network File System
9. Electronic Mail with Sendmail
12. Apache security
13. Intrusion Detection and Recovery
Duration: 4 days
Prices (excl. VAT):
- Switzerland: 2,880.- €
- Germany: 2,880.- €
Currently there are no local training dates scheduled. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.