Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM 8)
This course is part of the following Certifications:
The knowledge and skills a learner must have before attending this course include the following:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Features, benefits, and programming of at least one manufacturer PBX (Cisco Unified Communications Manager preferred)
- Attendance at AUM or equivalent knowledge
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Given the hardware specification for a computer messaging system of a stated capacity, determine the appropriate platform to use and the correct voice boards that will meet the minimum hardware requirements for a Cisco Unity system.
- Given a set of installation software components, select the correct components, install the software following the recommended installation sequence, and verify proper operation.
- Given an integration scenario with specific components, choose the correct integration type and describe the steps that are needed to complete the integration.
- Given a particular server type, be able to select the appropriate type of Cisco Unity networking and subscriber to ensure message delivery, message transfer, and directory replication.
- Given a problem description and access to appropriate Cisco Unity tools and utilities, describe and be able to use the appropriate tools to address specific system maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and reporting problems.
The aim of this course, Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM) v8.0, is to produce competent system engineers for the Cisco Unity product. Upon completion of this course, system engineers will be able to install, upgrade, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot new and existing Cisco Unity installations. It is the second class in a two-class series, the first being Administering Cisco Unified Messaging (AUM).
Duration: 3 days
Prices (excl. VAT):
- Germany: 2,190.- €